Monday, April 18, 2011

As much as I love spending time in the North there is no place like home. 

The Northern town is ever-increasing in size and I know the Docks have created a new passage way for trade, but I hadn't realised how much I'd missed the countryside. Trees and fields and sheep and horses. The North is becoming a metropolis while my Shire has maintained it's timeless class and elegance.

Although I didn't sleep very well last night (memories of the Head Architect surfaced as I spend the night in the South Wing) my first day back in the Shire has been quite a treat!

No, before you ask, I haven't seen the Scottish Earl... Yet.

I lunched with a couple of my cousins and caught up with the latest gossip, though it seems there is nothing too scandalous occuring. It was heavenly to hear their Southern accents. Afterwards we walked along the Promenade which was lined with hundreds of Spring flowers, and I felt that I did my title justice as I spoke to all the necessary sychophants. 


I have heard from the Scottish Earl, though declined to meet with him today. It is my first day back and family takes priority, then friends tomorrow and I'm sure lovers shall come third?
No matter, I will just see what happens when (if) I see him.

The day did include going horseriding with my cousins, which came at quite a surprise. I was not at all dressed for the occasion, and it seems I have forgotten much of my formal training. We ended up having such a laugh together and the three of us ended up in hysterics... Mainly at my incapability!

I haven't had the time to think about the musician... Except for now... And I don't want to think about him. Not because I'm over him but because if I dwell on 'what could have been' it hurts too much. I know that doesn't sound positive, but I used to let my thoughts wander round the possible futures I could have with him and now I've closed those doors. It is progress. Isn't it?







D. S.

No comments:

Post a Comment