Tuesday, August 16, 2011

It seems that I saved all my bad behaviour for this summer!

Every year I make new resolutions that fade into the background as life takes hold but compared to last year, and with my infatuation with the musician, I thought I'd been relatively well-behaved. However, I seem to have over-indulged during these summer months; causing havoc at the Convent, scandalising my (non-existent) reputation, fraternising with the Scottish Earl... Is it dreadful of me to be proud of myself for not pursuing the priest?

I cannot believe that I even had audacity to utter those words, but his blunt judgement of my character has reformed me somewhat, and I still crave his approval. I know that I have left the Convent and I won't see the priest in close proximity any time soon, but even at church I'll feel judgement pass through his eyes. Am I really that awful, that immoral? Actually, that is not a question I want answered.

The Duke's new cousin-in-law, his former betrothed, has yet to grace the Shire with her presence, as is the custom for a new bride. Of course there are a few altercations with the new marriage, but I would hate to be estranged from any of my family due to an improper wedding but the Duke being the Duke has failed to mention the occurrence, let alone his own feelings. Of course I shouldn't expect any less. 


Alas Belle has had her birthday celebrations and I was not in attendance, for which I feel very guilty, but the Convent was very strict about my comings and goings. One of the reasons why it was so easy to slip into the Scottish Earl's arms was because of the close proximity, it would have been harder to stay away...

It is wonderful to be home. Mother has made a fuss and my brother has grown a few more inches... I wonder what the next few weeks will entail.


D. S.


1 comment:

  1. My dear Duchess,

    No you are not immoral. What's the passage, "He who is without sin cat the first stone"? I know we humans do judge it's our nature. If we just try not to do it too harshly, I think we'll be okay.

    As for the priest, he sounds like he is judging you very harshly. Maybe you unknowingly stirred up some emotions and hormones he had suppressed and is frustrated by them and he resents and blames you for stirring them up and is judging your actions instead accepting responsibility for his own.

    You are a good person Duchess just living life as best as you can.

    Take car,
    Misha
    (mlea64)

    ReplyDelete