Tuesday, July 24, 2012



I hope I am not the only bewitched, bothered and bewildered member of the cloisters at the moment... I have no qualms with peoples behaviour nor the current affiliates of the cloth, but the latest candidates are lacking something. They remind me too much of myself to give themselves wholly to the Lord.


Belle is her usual delight even though she has yet to say a word. I asked the Gameskeeper about her and he said it wasn't for him to say, but told me not to worry. If it were anyone else I couldn't listen to the advice, but from Belle and the Gameskeeper? I trust them implicitly and will wait the necessary time.


According to the brunette she has travelled to the Continent in search of refuge. The tone of her letters is more than appealing, and I don't doubt that I too will travel in her footsteps after my Summer in the Convent.


The White Knight, though I have yet to lay eyes on him again, has kept in touch by note, by bouquet of flowers and by act in the arena every day. If I go more than a moon's sleep without hearing from him, then I know that something has happened... But I cannot fathom as to why this communication has started again after a year!




I adore teaching, yet my Father does not approve of my current achievements in life; he would prefer to see me married and producing children every other year... Teaching is 'unbefitting of my status' but I cannot just sit at home waiting for the right man! How can I find the right man by sitting at home?


Fortunately my Mother agrees with me, saying I should broaden my horizons and have more to talk about than other people and fashion. So for now I am safe, but I do hope they don't start setting me up with unattached men of my age. They both know my heart belongs to another, and has been left in the Antipodes...




D. S.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Duchess, What a lovely happy post, this one. I am so pleased 2hear what sounds like a happy, content, woman-of-achievement. It gives me gladness 2read how things seem 2be moving along well in your life, lots of activities, rewarding-teaching, family, friends, and of course interested gentlemen. "I trust them implicitly" - it is good 2have friends such as this, a total rarity, a jewel. "They remind me too much of myself to give themselves wholly to the Lord" - I'm so sorry Duchess, but I could only giggle out-loud when I read this, because it is so true here in the states as well. I feel the same, when it comes 2me! Such gorgeous flowers! I take it from the White Knight? How exciting, after an entire year, a re-kindling it seems 2be! I am so sorry Duchess, but I must respectfully disagree with your Dad as well: "Teaching is 'unbefitting of my status'". As a past teacher of 17years, it is a calling one feels in the gut, a very high calling the person feels they must fulfill; this exists in the heart of a true teacher. 2ignore it and do somethng else would be like Jonah ignoring God's calling on his life, and instead jumping in2 the waiting jaws of the whale. As a calling 2the cloth and the Church is extremely honorable and must be followed; so it goes with teaching as well. I do believe it is a calling. If you love it, feel it in your gut, and receive numerous heart-felt rewards daily, then you are in the right profession. I'm proud of you Duchess for doing your own thing, sticking to your guns (as we say here in Texas!), and living the life you choose. xo -Ellen, @bayviewgirl

    ReplyDelete