Sunday, June 22, 2014

The Shire has been my home for a week and though I miss Bohemia with a dull ache in my heart, to have the Duke by my side at all times has become more than a novelty. It feels like coming home. 

I dislike clichés and I'd rather not give over my entire life to a man, even though he may be worthy of at least a part of me, I have to admit I am happiest in his presence.


We still argue, that hasn't changed. We are both far too stubborn for our own good and we value our independence more than most people I've met, but it makes for a very passionate relationship. As much as I adore the Duke of Albany, and am looking forward to the summer in Brighthelmstone with him, Belle, the governess and the Irish lady of Corcaigh, all who have had the pleasure of our company at New Year's Eve, I do not imagine that the loud discussions will have ceased. It will be interesting to see what everyone else makes of our relationship, because although it is none of their business, no one can keep their opinions to themselves. And I value my friends judgements.


The sun is shining and I have a smile on my face after a wonderful evening with the Duke... We intend to spend the day outside, frolicking under the sun's rays so I should probably get dressed...

[sig.jpg]

D. S.

No comments:

Post a Comment