Saturday, September 27, 2014

Another week has passed and to think I have made the northern county my home for a month beggars belief. Where has the time gone? I adore being back in the city where my writing first began, though this second time round is a far cry to the debauchery that used to be a familiar occurrence

It is only a few days from the celebration of our first anniversary; the Duke of Albany and I have beaten the odds and survived a long-distance relationship, crossed continents and now live within a stones throw from each other. It is an ideal world I have somehow stumbled upon, and I have to pause and thank the gods for my fortunes, so as not to incite any bad luck.

The sun is shining, but there is a chill in the air as autumn creeps and bustles around the scurrying of the city I have grown to love with a renewed zest. My brand new role, which I witter on about it probably more than I should, is completely delightful. It has opened my eyes to the hardships that some people endure from such a young age, and it makes me want to know more. I can barely put my books down for want of needing to find out more.

I am off tonight with my dearest Belle at long last. She has recovered from her sickness and we are to celebrate our youth and delight in the world around us (though not quite like we used to...) despite having caught a sniffle myself.

October draws nearer and my Father has hinted that he shall spend the Autumn on the Continent, which has made me rather jealous, though there is nowhere else I'd rather be right now. Mother as it so happens, is enjoying her time in the Antipodes, when and if she shall ever return are hazy answered questions, impossible to pin down.

Just in case you ever wondered where my wanderlust came from...



D. S.

No comments:

Post a Comment